Friday, December 18, 2009

Joan Jett can kick Edward and Jacob's asses!
(but can Kristen Stewart eclipse 'Twilight'?)


Kristen Stewart - yes the megastar who turned frumpy Bella Swan into a sex symbol in the Twilight series - will be starring as Joan Jett in The Runaways this spring.

I can't be the only Joan Jett fan that appreciates the irony, and I'm sure I'm not the only Joan Jett fan that can't wait to see how the band's story translates onto the silver screen this spring.

Lita Ford wanted nothing to do with the bio-pic, but I'm willing to give Jett and writer/director Floria Sigismondi the benefit of the doubt on this one. I've been a fan of Sigismondi's since her Marilyn Manson/Living Things video directing days, and Jett makes me wish I could be a lesbian, because at least then I'd stand a chance with the hottest woman in rock and roll.

To watch The Runaways movie trailer, please click here.

Paul Gargano is the National Music Examiner for eXaminer.com.
Click here to visit his Examiner homepage.

No comments: