Thursday, July 2, 2009

This day in Gargano history...


In case anyone is looking for a reason to celebrate this weekend...

The July 2009 issue of Maximum Ink music magazine features not just one, but TWO Gargano brothers on the cover!

Andrew Gargano is not only my brother, he's also one of the most talented photographers I know - and I'm not just saying that because I feel bad about the time a decade or two ago (maybe three, but who's counting) that I kicked his ass in the front yard of our house. He is credited with this month's Maximum Ink cover photo (as well as the photos for the cover story), just below the lower right-hand cover line for my Michael Jackson tribute.

This is even bigger than the day President Bush read the names Paul Gargano and Anthony Gargano in the Washington Post, when my Dave Matthews Band concert review ran in syndication and a writer with the same name as the third Gargano brother appeared in the sports section...

And here I was, thinking I might make it through the weekend without cracking open a celebratory cold one!

Kidding aside, don't forget to take a moment this weekend to remember what it took to make our country great, and what it takes from each and every one of us to keep it that way!

Here's to a happy, safe and festive fourth of July weekend...

No comments: