Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Class of 2010
Dancing queens, but no Paul or Gene...


The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame has announced its Class of 2010, and it offers a little something for everyone, from pop and prog to punk and reggae.

But still not the names I've been waiting to see - KISS and Rush.

This year's inductees into the Cleveland, OH, shrine to all things rock and roll (all things except KISS and Rush, that is) include ABBA (pictured), Genesis, the Stooges, Jimmy Cliff and the Hollies.

I'll spare you my Canadian power trio diatribe for another day, and just move on to the merits of this year's class - yes, even the Hollies, who for the life of me I still don't think I've ever heard before.

I guess they all can't rock and roll all night... Or even part of any day.

To continue reading, please click here.

Paul Gargano is the National Music Examiner for eXaminer.com.
Click here to visit his Examiner homepage.

No comments: