Thursday, November 19, 2009

One of the scariest things I've ever read...


"A medium-sized popcorn and medium soda at the nation's largest movie chain pack the nutritional equivalent of three Quarter Pounders topped with 12 pats of butter, according to a report released today by the advocacy group Center for Science in the Public Interest."

That is the opening sentence of an article in the US & World section of today's Los Angeles Times. Quite frankly, that's all I need to read to never eat movie popcorn again. If you need more convincing, click here to read the rest of the article...

Now I know why every time I eat popcorn at the movies, I feel like Jabba The Hutt has taken residence in my stomach.

Since I'm feeling like a killjoy today, you know how Cold Stone Creamery tastes so fantastic? It also makes you look ass-tastic, and in need of pants with e-lastic. Yahoo's report on best and worst ice cream nutritional values wasn't remotely as shocking as the popcorn piece, but it's definitely worth a glance - click here to read.

For more fun and excitement, please join me on Twitter (@PaulGargano) and Facebook. You know you want to...

No comments: