Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Am I a "Bad Bad Man" for liking this?


Okay, I admit it, I was a bit stymied when my wife first sent me a link to this video. (And can I just add, with no disrespect to Spanky, Buckwheat and Alfalfa, that we really need to start using the word "stymie" more in daily conversation?)

So my wife sends me this link, which means she either loves it or hates it, and I'm supposed to guess which it is before I respond - or, as any married guy will attest, the results can be catastrophic...

I clicked play and let out a legitimate LOL at little Violent JJ - the son of Insane Clown Posse's Violent J - in the limo with his wrestling belt/serving platter. (How great would it be if Insane Clown Posse served deviled eggs off that backstage?) Then I felt bad about laughing, because I realized most Juggalos might not get the joke.

Then I started to feel even worse because I thought, "Wait, what if it isn't a joke?" Then I was just mortified, realizing that this video will inspire packs of Juggalo kids in schools across the country to think it's okay to fly off the arts and crafts table and drop an elbow onto their nemesis that's hogging the bucket of paste/lunch.

And, despite the fact that I spent enough time backstage at the ICP show in Anaheim to know that Violent J and Shaggy 2 Dope aren't the half-crazed, serial killing clowns they may appear to be onstage (and to the general public), I still couldn't help but wonder what effect being dubbed "Violent JJ" can have on a Posse peewee who's pummeling semi-professional wrestlers while most kids his age are trying to hit padded baseballs of a tee.

Then he introduces his sister Ruby, lets out a "whoot whoot," and I nearly suffocated I was laughing so hard.

This isn't so bad, it's family values - Juggalo family values, maybe, but we've got to start somewhere!

No comments: